Northeast Ohio Workforce Development Region requests public comment on revised plans
Regional and local plans provide the framework for local workforce development areas and planning regions to define how their workforce development systems will achieve the purposes of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). In 2021, the Northeast Ohio Workforce (NOW) Region submitted to the State of Ohio a four-year action plan to develop, align, and integrate the region's and local areas' job-driven workforce development systems, and provide the platform to achieve the region's vision and strategic and operational goals.
Per WIOA, at the end of the first two-year period of the four-year regional and local plans, the local workforce development areas must review the regional and local plans and prepare and submit modifications to the regional and local plans to reflect any of the following changes:
- Labor market and economic conditions; and
- Other factors affecting the implementation of the regional or local plan, including but not limited to:
- Significant changes in local and/or regional economic conditions;
- Changes in the financing available to support WIOA Title I and partner-provided WIOA services;
- Changes to the local WDB structure of the local areas, including any local area's WDB structure within a planning region; and
- The need to revise strategies to meet performance goals.
Copies of the proposed regional and local plan modifications must be made available to the public through electronic and other means, such as public hearings and local news media. Members of the public must be given at least 30 days to provide their comments on these plans, before the plans are submitted to the State. Pursuant to these requirements, the Northeast Ohio (NOW) Regional has announced the regional and local plans are available for review and public comment. Comments may be submitted to email@example.com before May 19, 2023.
The plans are available via the More Information link below.
For more information, contact: