Contact us by phone at 330-633-1050
Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
For Youth & Young Adults
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
Summit County’s On-the-Job Training (OJT) program offers employers a way to be partially reimbursed for hiring and training job seekers in permanent positions. Job seekers must be assessed for program eligibility by OMJ center staff. The initial contract takes about one week to execute before an employee can begin working. After that, additional employees can be added with a simple training plan. OMJ staff will complete most of the paperwork and will help you with the rest!
What is OJT?
New employees, even those who have worked in your industry, often require training to learn about your specific processes and products. Depending upon the position, this training might last a few days, weeks, or months. For new hires who are eligible, we can help offset the cost of training through an On-the-Job Training (OJT) reimbursement program. Through a discussion with you, we’ll determine the reimbursement for each job; maximum reimbursement is set at $10,000 for a period up to six months. Eligible positions are required to pay a minimum of $13 per hour to promote self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please contact using the employer contact form.
- On-the-Job Training is available to all sector industries.
- Training periods average 3-6 months depending upon the position and the new employee’s experience level. A training plan is created which cites the details of this period of time.
- The minimum wage for any postion is $13 per hour.
- Employers can be reimbursed for 50% of an employee’s wages up to a maximum of $10,000; a portion of the reimbursement is withheld until the employee is retained for 90 days post-training.
- Employees must be a direct hire. Individuals hired through staffing agencies are not eligible for the OJT program.
- Reimbursement requires a signed invoice and documentation demonstrating wages paid to the employee.
- Employers using OJT to train new hires must be willing to accept candidate referrals vetted by the OMJ career services staff.
Call our Business Services line at (330) 630-4644